Field Service Business Development Engineers (BDE) own the Service & Support Sales and Business Development activities for an assigned set of accounts. They drive sales of Product Services and Solutions. As first point of contact for our Product Sales Teams and Products Sales Account Managers, they are the Services Sales Specialist. Primary duties include (but not limited to) understanding customer needs, developing compelling sales strategies, selling the value of services, managing Quote to Cash processes, and meeting Order Target and Profitability Planning Metrics. BDE’s proactively analyze data, engage account teams, create sales strategies, and provide continuous proactive communications. This customer facing position requires domestic and (some) international travel to build a strong relationship with customers and Advantest Account Teams outside Europe.
- On time renewal of existing Customer Support Agreements (CSAs) and warranty conversion business.
- Accurate and timely forecasting of orders in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application.
- Proactive business development working with Account Managers, Finance, Field Service (FS), Business Centers, Marketing, Software Solutions, R&D, etc.
- Coordinate global agreement deliverables, pricing, and Quote to Cash processes with the local and global BDE, FS and Marketing teams.
- Adhere to all fiduciary responsibilities and policies for quote to cash process.
- Actively support assigned customers with information about new Advantest Service & Support solutions
- Support Account Managers in “Deal Management” on CSA and Production Solution Services business by serving as a services specialist. Develop value propositions, assist or drive deal negotiations, and achieve business metrics.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities at assigned accounts.
- Collect and forward customer feedback to relevant departments and closely cooperate with Field Support and System-/Application Engineering in order to meet customer demands for specific applications or special non-standard products.
- Accountable for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with Sales Account Managers and Account Team Leadership for assigned accounts.
- Ability to earn and build trust with Customers, Account Managers, and the Global FS Team.
- Assists Account Managers in developing an overall account strategy that recognizes and achieves Business Objectives in both Product and FS Sales.
- Participate in “Closed Loop” customer management.